As many of you know, the blogging platform WordPress edition makes available a number of plugins designed to optimize the SEO for your blog.
Here is my most favorite SEO plugins for WordPress. Remember that these plugins should provide us with a lot of work positioning against our site but consume resources and slow down the loading time but they are worth it.
We recommend using the most useful seem to you.
- Optimized Post and Page Titles for search engines
- Generates all SEO relevant META tags automatically
- Helps you avoid duplicate content
- Lets you override any title and set any META description and META keywords, for any post or page
- Compatible with most other plugins, like Auto Meta, Ultimate Tag Warrior and others.However you may have to disable All in One SEO pack
- You don’t have to fear changing permalinks. If you are not satisfied with the current permalink, change it through Settings–>Permalinks in your admin panel, without worrying about loss of Page rank or google penalty.Platinum SEO plugin will take care of issuing a 301 redirect to the new location.This is a new essential feature, not present in All in one SEO
- and more..
This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com to better index your blog. With such a sitemap, it’s much easier for the crawlers to see the complete structure of your site and retrieve it more efficiently. The plugin supports all kinds of WordPress generated pages as well as custom URLs. Additionally it notifies all major search engines every time you create a post about the new content.
An easy way to link to posts and pages in your blog. As well as quickly typing in the link tag there is a tinymce wysiwyg plugin that allows you to search for posts by category.
The shortcode for the plugin within the post gets converted to the current permalink for the post on the render of the page. If you change your link structure later on, you don’t have to go back and edit the internal links for your blog!
Using the UI you can search through your blog posts or browse by category and get the shortcode added to the post for you!
Yet Another Related Posts Plugin (YARPP) gives you a list of posts and/or pages related to the current entry, introducing the reader to other relevant content on your site. Key features include:
- An advanced and versatile algorithm: Using a customizable algorithm considering post titles, content, tags, and categories, YARPP calculates a “match score” for each pair of posts on your blog. You choose the threshold limit for relevance and you get more related posts if there are more related posts and less if there are less.
- Templating: New in 3.0! The YARPP templating system puts you in charge of how your posts are displayed.
- Caching: Improved in 3.1! YARPP organically caches the related posts data as your site is visited, greatly improving performance.
- Related posts in RSS feeds: Display related posts in your RSS and Atom feeds with custom display options.
- Disallowing certain tags or categories: You can choose certain tags or categories as disallowed, meaning any page or post with such tags or categories will not be served up by the plugin.
- Related posts and pages: Puts you in control of pulling up related posts, pages, or both.
This plugin requires that your database run on MySQL 4.1 or greater.
This simple plugin helps you easily tell the search engine bots the preferred version of a page by specifying the canonical properly within your head tag.
Why would you do such a thing? Simply because many black-hat SEO folks abuse duplicate content to gain search ranking and search engine try really hard to detect and penalize them. The last thing you want to do is present yourself as an SEO spammer to search engines.
Dean’s Permalinks Migration
With this plugin, you can safely change your permalink structure without breaking the old links to your website,and even doesn’t hurt your google pagerank.
Returns an array of the most recent posts (new and edit both). Simple and powerfull.
Plugin/Widget for WordPress that shows how your host is indexed in Google and is it “trusted” or not. How it works: first, it is querying Google for site:your-blog.com, then it extracts first 10 titles from response and querying Google for this titles. Then it is searching for your blog positions in the responses and showing it along with the query as a number, so you get 10 numbers as you can see it in my blog. The smaller number is the better Google “trusts” to your host. When plugin is installed, you can see numbers at your dashboard and also add a widget to show it to your visitors. Data are updated automatically every 5 days.
SEO Smart Links provides automatic SEO benefits for your site in addition to custom keyword lists, nofollow and much more.
SEO Smart Links can automatically link keywords and phrases in your posts and comments with corresponding posts, pages, categories and tags on your blog.
Further SEO Smart links allows you to set up your own keywords and set of matching URLs. Finally SEO Smart links allows you to set nofollow attribute and open links in new window.
It is a perfect solution to get your blog posts interlinked or add affiliate links to other sites.
Everything happens completely transparent, and you can edit the options from the administration settings panel.
The SEO Slugs WordPress plugin removes common words like ‘a’, ‘the’, ‘in’ from post slugs to improve search engine optimization.
For example, when you publish a post with a title like this:
“What You Can Do Immediately For Higher Rankings”,
WordPress automatically assigns a long filename to your post, called a post slug:
SEO Slugs plugin strips common words like “what”, “you” or “can” out of your post slug to make it more search engine friendly. With SEO Slugs plugin activated, the slug for our example blog post would look like this:
The slug is generated on saving a post (so you get a chance to look at it before publishing, and change it), or on publish. It won’t overwrite an existing slug. You can force a new slug generation by deleting the existing one.
This plugin will add urchinTracker() functionality to all of your external links (absolute links) and email links in your posts/pages. v1.4.2 = added support to automatically insert the google tracking code before the body tag v1.3.2 = added support to exclude internal domain from results via the options page v1.2.1 = added support for email links and validates the email syntax v1.1 = added support for external links (only http, https, ftp)
This is not the complete list if anyone know some awesome SEO plugins, please share with us.
Latest posts by Azad Shaikh (see all)
- Best Sublimation Printers: Ideal Printers for Dye Sublimation - December 29, 2017
- How to Access Blocked and Torrents Sites in India – Latest Tricks - December 26, 2017
- How to open .jar Files on Windows 10 – All Methods - November 27, 2017