Here, I am going to provide the reviews of the best printer for cardstock papers and how to print on cardstock in an easy peasy way.
The printing on a heavy weight paper like a cardstock is not as easy as we do on normal print documents. If you do not have the right machine for this, then you may have to face issues like paper jamming in the machine and wastage of the sheets. Not all the printers are capable of doing the heavy printing. You need some specially designed cardstock printers to complete the job successfully.
Reviews of the Best Cardstock Printers
The Epson WorkForce WF-3520 is at the top of the list. It is an inkjet printer which comes with multiple functionalities. It comes with Ethernet, WiFi capabilities. Also, it has dual side printing feature.
- A duplexer, 250-sheet paper tray provides the fastest two-sided printing, scanning, or copying
- The touch LCD panel of 2.5-inch helps for easy navigations
- The memory card slot allows you to print the papers without connecting the printer to your PC
- You can wirelessly connect your smartphone, tablets, and other devices to do cardstock printing through ‘Epson Connect’ app
- The rear feed helps for specialty media and Envelope printing
- It helps to save up to 40% printing costs comparing to the other color laser printers
This wireless cardstock printer is perfect for small offices, personal heavy printing use, and for the home offices. Though it has not top-rated output print quality, if you have a mid-sized business, then it is perfect for you.
The Samsung SL-M2020W is a feature-rich, fast, and comparatively small-sized monochrome (uses black ink only) printer. Its NFC (Near Field Communication), WiFi, and WiFi Direct supports make the cardstock printing easy & convenient.
- It can handle 150 sheet papers at a time
- It comes with a 400MHz processor & memory of 64MB
- Faster printing speed of 21 cardstock prints per minute (higher than other standard printers)
- Through the ‘Samsung Mobile Print’ app & ‘Google Cloud,’ you can use your smartphone, PC, laptop or tablet to operate the printer wirelessly
- The ‘Eco Drive’ feature helps to save almost 20% of the toner by multiple printing on the same page and ignoring blank pages
The Samsung SL-M2020W does not come with the duplexer for dual printing. It cannot do color printing too. But with the better printing speed and excellent print output quality, it is a good option for personal as well as office use.
The LaserJet Pro M277dw from HP is an efficient wireless color printer. It is an all-in-one printing machine which can scan/fax/copy/print heavy weight papers like cardstock.
- The paper tray can handle 150 input papers and 50 output papers at a time
- It can print on both sides of the cardstock paper
- It has both the Ethernet as well as WiFi connectivity to print from your phone, computer or tablet
- It has printing capacity of 19 pages per minute in both black & color copies
- Faster scanning & better cartridge offers low-cost cardstock printing
It is not able to print on both sides like the Epson WF-3520 does and also you may find it costly for per page printing. It cannot print the TIFF files too. But with easy to use functionality, good printing speed, excellent quality of printing, and small size make it a handy and efficient cardstock printer.
Easy navigation and operation, versatile features, and excellent performance put the Dell E525W in this list. It is a four-in-one multifunctional cardstock printer that can handle print/copy/scan/fax needs.
- 512MB printer memory & fax memory of 2MB allows performing printing of over 30K pages in a month
- It has a print speed of up to 18 pages per minute
- It has 35-button control panel and a high-contrast LCD four-line panel to do the printing task convenient & quick
- USB 2.0, Ethernet, WiFi connectivity makes it easy to operate & navigate
- You can print virtually from anywhere using Google Cloud. It is compatible with Windows, iOS, and Android
- Other than Cardstock, it can handle printing on plain paper, envelopes, recycled paper, labels, thick paper, and much more
You have to pay some more money per page if you want color printing from this wireless cardstock printer. It cannot print on both sides of pages, and you may face speed interference sometimes. But, if you are buying a first MFP color printer, then the Dell E525W can become a good choice for you.
The wide format multifunctional Officejet printer from HP comes with automatic document feeder. The ePrint4 app allows you connect it with your smartphones, PCs, or tablets wirelessly for convenient printing.
- It has a top speed of 33 pages per minute for black ink print and 32ppm for color print
- The high-capacity cartridges and separate inks help to save 40% of energy
- You can print high weight papers by connecting it to your PC with USB 2.0 ports or can use the memory card slot for connection less printing
- You can make cardstock page up to the size of 13” x 19.”
- The tray can handle 150 pages at a time, and the automatic document feeder can handle 35 pages at once
- It also supports Email printing & wireless printing with the help of HP ePrint2 app, iPhone or iPad
The HP Officejet 7500A comes with touch panel controls and remote printing features. But keep in mind that when you do A3 prints, there will be more margins at top and bottom of the pages.
You should know all the aspects of the printing and the machine specifications before you buy the best cardstock printer. All the products come with separate capabilities, some unique features, and purposes that make them different than the others. So, when you search for the online lists like this, forums or any other info about the printers for cardstock, then do check its features and advantages. Compare them with the list of your needs. It will help you to choose the most suitable and the value for money printer for cardstock.
How to print on cardstock?
There are four types of paper for printing:
- Tag Paper: Most heavy paper to print.
- Cardstock: Also known as cover paper which is heavier than the standard printing papers.
- Commercial Text Paper: Letterheads, Brochures, Envelopes, etc. come in this category.
- Writing / Bold Paper: This is a standard paper type on which all types of printers can work.
Yes, it’s true that cardstock printing is not as easy as you do on the standard paper. But it is not that difficult too. Following some easy instructions can make this process much easy, quick, and enjoyable.
Step-1: Adjust the printer tray
First, change the settings of the printer. Navigate through its menu and send the commands to the printer & your device that you are printing on the thick paper.
- Open the menu of the printer
- Look for the ‘Tray’ option & then select ‘paper Handling.’
- Choose ‘Cardstock/Heavy’ and then click on ‘Resume.’
Step-2: Insert the paper
If you already filled the tray with the cardstock papers, then select the size of the print. If not, then do it first.
- Open the printer cover
- There is a paper tray placed here, put the cardstock paper. Remember to face up the side on which you want the print
- Set the edges as per the tray and paper size
- Adjust the paper thickness lever
- Close the printer cover
Step-3: Select the paper size
Enter the dimensions of the paper to print. For this;
- Go to the Printer Driver
- Choose ‘Print’ and then open ‘Properties.’
- Search the option related to size of the paper, i.e., Page Size or Paper Size or something like that
- Click for the ‘User Defined Size’ or ‘Custom’
- Insert the desired values for cardstock printing
- Also, do check for the paper orientation (portrait/landscape)
After doing the steps above, check all the things properly and then select the ‘Print’ option. If you are making the wireless or virtual printing from your mobile or PC, then you can take help of the official App from the printer company to get the desired output.