The camera market is very familiar with an onboard flash, present in almost every camera – from point-and-shoot models to high end DSLRs. However, the onboard flash is best used in a setting that is completely opposite to what most hobby photographers use their flash for: as a fill light during good light conditions rather than a primary source of light in low light conditions. Therefore the predominant demand for a flash that illuminates low light conditions without seeming “harsh” remains unfulfilled by an onboard flash. Here is where an external flash comes in. An external flash not only produces better pictures as compared to an onboard flash, but also has a host of other benefits, including- saving your camera battery’s life, firing the flash more often without having to wait longer between shots, illuminating subjects at a greater distance, illuminating wider shots, and many more.
Now that you’re convinced about the value and advantages of an external flash, let us help you find the best flash for Canon camera!
This product is a great fit as a Canon flash, with 8 pieces of LED lamp for different levels. If you can and know how to shoot in manual mode and control your flash, this flash is for you.
Here are its specifications:
- Has 8 steps of power output control which are indicated by 8 pieces of LED
- The vertical rotation angle is 0 to 90 degrees while the horizontal rotation angle is 0 to 270 degrees.
- Has 3 modes- M, S1, and S2. In M mode, the canon external flash can be set onto the camera hot shoe to trigger it. Before shooting, adjust the flash power and the flash will work under the camera synchronous signal.
- S1 mode is applicable mainly for the manual flash environment. In the S2 mode, the slave flash can create many lighting effects and is applicable for TTL environment.
- Has only 4 AA batteries as power source, which are easy to find and hassle-free to use
- Colour temperature is 5600K
- Flash duration of 1/300 s to 1/20000 s
- Dimensions are 190*75*55 mm and it weighs 286 g
This Canon flash is very easy to use, having professional features and an outstanding build quality. It is dependable and fun to use with a very economical price.
Check out its specifications below:
- Has 5 modes- TTL, manual, strobe, S1 and S2.
- Features a power saving sleep mode and a memory function
- Has a large backlit LCD which syncs with a camera to show aperture, zoom and other settings.
- S1 and S2 modes have a highly sensitive wireless triggering sensor
- Includes hard flash diffuser, tripod stand with mount, and protective pouch with the battery holder.
- Recycling time: 4 s
- Zoom range: 7-step auto/manual 24-28-35-50-70-80-105 mm
- Power ratio: 1/1 – 1/128
- 180-degree zoom, swivel and bounce head
This product is a powerful external flash for Canon in a 7-item kit. There is a 1-year limited warranty for this Canon flash. It is compatible with all cameras having a standard hot shoe mount.
The specifications for this canon flash are:
- Has 3 modes- manual, S1, and S2.
- The 7-item kit includes Altura photo flash, flash stand, softbox flash diffuser, protective pouch, wireless remote control, 4 AA batteries, microfiber cloth and a built-in, wide angle flash diffuser and reflection panel.
- Has a zoom, swivel, and bounce head with the vertical rotation of 0 to 90 degrees and a horizontal rotation of 0 to 270 degrees.
- Has dimensions of 8.8*3.9*3.4 inches and weighs 590 g
- Sturdy structure
- Wireless remote control can be used only for camera (without the flash)
- No TTL
This Canon flash is a unit capable of lighting up long range. It can be triggered with YN560-TX, RF-603, RF-602 wireless transmitters.
Other specifications of this external flash for Canon are-
- On-camera triggering with a metal hot shoe
- Large LCD screen can be used for viewing settings and making adjustments
- 100-1500 flashes from one set of batteries
- 2.4 GHz wireless radio receiver
- Zoom range: 24-105 mm, which is able to expand to 18 mm
- Vertical rotation range: -7 to 90 degrees, horizontal rotation range: 0 to 270 degrees
- Can also be triggered optically with instant sync or skip pre-flash options for simpler off-camera firing
- Built in PC sync port that further enhances the connectivity of the external flash
- Multimode gives stroboscopic lighting effects in the flash
- Recycle time of 3 seconds
This Canon external flash is another great value-for-money option to choose. The external flash is big and sturdy and provides great pictures with the ability to do so at different angles.
This PowerExtra Canon Flash has a variety of other features:
- Power source: 4 AA batteries having battery life: 100-1500 times
- Recycle time: 3 seconds
- Has 3 modes- M, S1, S2
- Colour temperature: 5800K
- Flash duration: 1/200 s to 1/20000 s
- Flash control: 8 brightness control (1/128 to 1/1)
- Dimensions: 190*75*55 mm and weight: 315 g
- Packet includes flash light, protection bag, mini stand, and an instruction manual
- Vertical rotation: 0 to 90 degrees, Horizontal rotation: 0 to 270 degrees
- Power saving automatic shutdown function
- Automatic save function
- In S1 and S2 modes, flash can be triggered wirelessly
- Flash can be made synchronous by connecting to the PC port
This best flash for Canon cameras from Canon, has a compact body and provides efficiency in space along with style. It has very convenient controls that make it easy to use.
Here are some of its other features:
- Zoom range: 24-105 mm
- Built-in catch light panel helps enhance the subject’s facial expression
- Dot-matrix LCD and multi-dial deliver smooth and easy-to-use functionality
- Packet also includes SBA-E2 bounce adapter, SCF-E2 color filter, mini flash stand, soft cases for the flash and the accessories, instruction manual
- Recycle time: 2 seconds
- Included diffuser dome and CTO gel
- Built in wireless facility to control the flash
These Canon external flash cameras offer a good value for your money. You could try out any of the above best external flashes for Canon to get the best results in an economical price range.