Without the CPU or with a below-par CPU, your computer will not the magic you want it to. The CPU is nothing short of the brain because it controls everything. This is why, you need to have the right processor based on your requirement.
This article is dedicated to gamers who are looking to buy the best available FM2+ CPU to build an amazing computer. We will walk you through our favorite options, which we picked after careful scrutiny and comparison so that purchasing is easy for you.
Important Factors of Gaming CPU
Since there are so many different CPUs on the market, we thought we would first speak about the ideal factors to consider:
- For gaming, graphics are very important. This is why choosing a CPU with integrated graphics makes a lot of sense.
- Also, the socket type must be fast to make sure the gaming experience is smooth. Any of the two FM2+ sockets will do the trick. Richland FM2 is also a good choice.
- We are positive that you use your computer for more than just gaming. This is why multi-tasking is an important factor too. When you are not gaming, you may want to use it for productivity, surfing, watching HD videos, etc. In the first case, multi-tasking plays a huge role.
- Last but not the least, we encourage you to have a budget in mind so that you don’t overspend. CPUs can definitely be expensive and can weigh you down. So setting a reasonable budget will stop you from getting lured away.
Best FM2+ CPU
Now, for the part you have been waiting for! Let’s get straight to the agenda and go through the best FM2+ CPUs today.
1. AMD Athlon X4 860K
- The processor has the 125W AMD Thermal Solution, which makes it almost silent.
- It has 4 CPU cores (quad core).
- The CMOS technology is 28nm.
- The speed of the CPU is 4 GHz.
- It has a 4 MB dedicated cache.
2. AMD A4-7300 APU CPU
- It has the Radeon HD8470 graphics integrated already, making it a good choice for gaming.
- It is an FM2 processor with FM2+ compatibility.
- This is a dual core processor.
- The fans are of good quality, enabling you to play high graphics games without problems.
3. AMD A10-Series APU
- It has a total of 12 cores. 4 of them are CPU cores while the remaining 8 are graphics cores.
- The clock is 3.6 GHz while the turbo clock is 4 GHz.
- It has a 4 MB cache.
- You can use the DDR3 RAM here.
- The GPU frequency is 866 MHz.
- It comes with mantle support as well as DirectX 12 support.
4. Advance Micro Device AMD Athlon X4 870K
- It has a 4.1 GHz frequency (boost) while its base frequency is 3.9 GHz.
- It comes a near-silent solution – 95W TDP.
- Its cache is 4 MB.
- It is available unlocked for overclocking but you can also buy it without this feature with support for DDR3.
- It works on the advanced excavator core technology.
5. AMD A Series Processor
- The processor has the AMD App Acceleration that works to boost the speed of applications.
- It supports DirectX 11 thanks to which you can enjoy high-fidelity and fast gaming.
- It also has the Quick Stream Technology from AMD through which you can stream smooth videos online without any hassle or interruptions.
- Another technology that this processor is powered by is the AMD Steady Video Technology, which further enhances video watching and gaming by removing jitters and shakes.
- It has 2 cores.
- The base speed if 3.7 GHz.
People Also Ask (FAQs)
Let’s check out what our users are asking about FM2+ CPUs.
Is FM2+ Compatible with FM2?
No, there’s no back compatibility, which means the FM2+ APUs will not work with FM2 sockets. This is mainly because of the variation in the number of pins.
Is FM2+ Good for Gaming?
Yes, it is very good for gaming.
What Processor Has 906 Pins?
FM2+ has 906 pins.
How Many Pins Does a CPU Have?
The latest CPUs have around 1000 pins.
What is an APU?
An APU is an AMD Accelerated Processing Unit
We hope this article has given you clarity on which FM2+ CPU to choose for gaming. If you have any more questions or are still struggling to finalize, we will be happy to extend our support. Just leave a comment.