Whether you are a field-active business owner or an HVACR technician, you know very well that how important to have a handheld tool like a refrigerant leak detector when you are repairing or tinkering with an HVAC system. Yes, there are some traditional methods like ultrasonic detectors, soap bubble technique, using refrigerant dyes, etc. which are also widely used to detect the refrigerant leaks. But, when it comes to professionalism, you need a best tool to complete your job with most efficient efforts and results. And the refrigerant leak detector is the right tool to do this.
Due to different brands and building conditions, the refrigerant leak detectors are varying in cost and design. And also, they are loved by the technicians in one and another way. As the choice, can be changed from one head to another, it’s difficult to tell which one is the top most usable machine. But having a filtered list and detailed reviews with comparison of key features help to choose the suitable tool for your HVACR job. Here, you will also find Freon leak detector reviews to gather top-rated products at same place. Check the post here and choose your most suitable HVAC tool.
- Best Refrigerant Leak Detector
- 1) Fieldpiece SRL8 Heated Diode Refrigerant Leak Detector Review
- 2) LotFancy Refrigerant Freon Leak Detector Review
- 3) Inficon TEK-Mate 705-202-G1 Refrigerant Leak Detector Review
- 4) Yosoo Refrigerant Freon Leak Detector Review
- 5) Robinair TIFXL-1A Refrigerant Leak Detector Review
Best Refrigerant Leak Detector
1) Fieldpiece SRL8 Heated Diode Refrigerant Leak Detector Review
The exclusively designed refrigerant leak detector from Fieldpiece makes your HVACR job easy, fast, safe, and reliable. It has three level sensitivity ranging from 6.6oz/yr to <0.1oz/yr. It can detect HVAC, HFC, CFC, and blends.
- State-of-the-art designed heated diode sensor which can last up to five years
- Most sensitivity than any other refrigerant leak detector
- You can start using it just after 30 seconds of start, most of other tools cannot match this response time
- Ten replacement filters, a flexible extension probe, five O-rings, and a 9-inch extension flex-probe, and other useful accessories make it a complete HVAC tool
- Longer battery life
- It will give false alarm when you use it in the areas where bubble soap method is applied
- Affordable, but few technicians may find it out of budget
Amazing features, state-of-art specifications, and affordable price, make the Fieldpiece SRL8 a top-positioned refrigerant leak detector on this list. It is the tool that every HVAC technician will want in his tool bag.
2) LotFancy Refrigerant Freon Leak Detector Review
Our second refrigerant leak detector review is on the LotFancy Freon leak detector. It is one the most selling and top-rated leak detectors in the market today. It can detect all kinds of halogen refrigerant leaks including R404a, R134a, R125, R502, R124, R123, R22, R503, R500, R12, R11, and others.
- The manual is easy to read and understandable
- Stainless steel hose is flexible
- The adjustment dial for sensitivity allows to adjust the sensitivity even when you are using the tool
- Sturdy design which is lightweight and portable
- More stability than most of the other refrigerant leak detectors
- You have to buy batteries on your own
- Sometimes creates false alarm, and you may hear unwanted rapidly beeping sound
The LotFancy Freon leak detector is ideal for any HVACR technician or any person who want to check the refrigerant leak by self. It is cheap in price and high-class in features, couple of things need to be sorted out, and then it will have all capabilities to become the best HVAC tool.
3) Inficon TEK-Mate 705-202-G1 Refrigerant Leak Detector Review
The TEK-Mate 705-202-G1 from Inficon is a simple kind of refrigerant leak detector which does an excellent job and yet can fit into any kind of budget. The heated diode sensor technology uses a reactive element and ceramic substrate composition which helps to detect most kinds of refrigerant leaks.
- Moderately price
- Flexible rugged metal probe
- Detects most of the HCFCs, CFCs, HFCs, HFOs, R404a, R134a, R22, etc. systems
- Automatic background compensation feature monitors constantly and makes you worry free from adjusting the background noise
- Useful across all the HVAC systems at home and in industries
- You can select either high or low for sensitivity measure
- Sometimes gives false alarms
- It is difficult to find minor leaks with this
The Inficon TEK-Mate 705-202-G1 Refrigerant Leak Detector is a portable, mediator-priced, and resistive HVAC machine which can be a good edition to any technician’s tool bag. Great for indoors, but, beware when you use it in windy conditions outside.
4) Yosoo Refrigerant Freon Leak Detector Review
Compared to the other refrigerant leak detectors on this list, the Yosoo Freon leak detector is relatively cheapest. It has such a low-cost that creates some doubt about its well-performance. Check the review below. It can detect most of the CFC, HFC, HVAC, R22a, R410a, R134a, etc. Freon refrigerant leaks in your cooling unit.
- It can test all types of halogen refrigerants
- Combination of ultra-low powered IC design, high precision control, and built-in voltage makes it an automatically adjustable for sensitivity
- It ignores the environmental present of halogen gas, which makes it a perfect halogen refrigerant leak detecting tool
- High quality sensors can last up to lifetime period
- Difficult to detect small leaks with this tool
- Instruction manual is not understandable for all
Available at such a low-cost, the Yosoo Refrigerant Freon Leak Detector is perfect for the beginner HVACR technicians.
5) Robinair TIFXL-1A Refrigerant Leak Detector Review
Made with an advanced microprocessor technology, the Robinair TiFXL-1A refrigerant leak detector is a revolutionary HVAC tool. A whole new designed sensing tip results in improved reliability, sensitivity, and durability.
- Can detect all halogenated refrigerants
- Long lasting battery
- Ergonomic designed, comfortable handle
- The extra-long probe makes it easy to reach at tight spaces
- High sampling frequency which results into a faster leak detection
- UL classified and SAE J1627 CE approved
- Not good for Freon leak detection
- Sometimes does not repeating the same result at same spot
The Robinair TIFXL-1A is a proven refrigerant leak detector at reasonable price. Checkout the windy condition before using it outdoors and not made for Freon leak detecting, though.
|Fieldpiece SRL8||LotFancy Freon RLD||Inficon TEK-Mate||Yosoo Freon RLD||Robinair TIFXL-1A|
|Sensitivity||6.6oz/yr to <0.1oz/yr||6gr/yr max||2 g/a min||6gr/yr max||11g/yr|
|Refrigerants||All CFC, HVAC, HFC, and blends||Freon, HFC, CFC, Halogen, R134a, R410a, R22a, etc.||R11, R12, R22, R123, R134a, R404A, R410A, etc.||All halogen, Freon, CFC, HFC, HVAC, R134a, R410a, R22a, etc.||ALL halogenated refrigerants|
A refrigerant leak detector is the best companion for an HVACR technician. It will help to diagnose the leak detection problem in any refrigerant system. Top things to check in the reviews for getting a best refrigerant leak detector are its detection limit, sensitivity, costing, and how many types of refrigerant leaks it can detect. Keeping all these things in mind will give you the best idea about the tool you are buying. And these refrigerant leak detector reviews will surely end you search here by helping you to get the right product according to your needs and budget.