Cryptocurrency is currently the hottest word in the world. The whole concept of having it is fascinating and everyone wants to get in on it. If you are reading this, we think you don’t want it – you want to mine it yourself. But, creating new coins or cryptocurrency is no ordinary feat. You need a very powerful computer and in-depth knowledge to be able to do it. We can help you with one of these – buying the perfect motherboard for Ethereum mining so that you have the required power to make your dream come true.
In this article, we will go into the details and help you identify the best options available today.
How does Ethereum mining work?
Ethereum mining is quite similar to Bitcoin. It requires a proof-of-work consensus mechanism. Ethereum miners use computation power and a lot of time to produce blocks and manage the transactions.
Best Motherboard For Ethereum Mining
Now, let’s go through some of the best GPU mining motherboards available online today. All our recommendations are from experts.
1. ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ Mining Motherboard
ASRock is a leading brand when it comes to motherboards. This particular one is powerful enough for mining because it comes with multiple superior features such as the following
- It supports DDR4 2400/2133.
- You can use it with multiple processors such as the 6th and 7th Gen Intel Core variations. From i7 to Celeron, this motherboard is your right choice.
- You can use NVIDIA and AMD graphic cards with this motherboard. It supports them both.
- It allows the use of 13 GPUs simultaneously. However, doing so on Windows can be difficult. We recommend Linux if you wish to use all the GPUs together.
- The motherboard has multiple PCIe slots and SATA.
2. ZOTAC B150 Mining ATX Motherboard
Here’s another motherboard we really like. This one is from ZOTAC and is compatible with Windows 10. Below are a few interesting features that you should know about:
- With this motherboard you can maximize your mining bandwidth as well as the speed. It has 7 PCIe slots to facilitate that.
- It supports DDR4 memory (up to 32 GB).
- It also has a Gigabit LAN.
- The motherboard has an HDMI output and is intel HD graphics ready.
- It is compatible with Intel 7th and 8th Generations (i3, i5, and i7).
3. Biostar Motherboard TB250-BTC PRO
The Biostar motherboard has the Intel B250 chipset and supports DDR4 memory. You can use both NVIDIA and AMD graphics cards with it (6 each). Let’s find out more:
- The motherboard is compatible with both Intel Pentium and Intel Celeron.
- Its memory speed is 2133 MHz.
- You can use up to 12 GPUs but if you plan on using all of them together, you will need to update the bios settings.
- The size of the RAM is 32 GB.
- It has various PCIe slots.
- Its form factor is ATX and it can support 12 GPUs at once.
4. ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E Motherboard
ASUS has always been a frontrunner when it comes to motherboards and computers. So, its listing here should come as absolutely no surprise. Below are reasons why we think you should buy it:
- It runs on the DDR4 RAM memory technology with the Intel Z270 chipset.
- Its memory size is 2133 MHz.
- The motherboard has 5-way optimization with FanXpert 4 and auto-tuning features.
- It offers dynamic system cooling and maximum OC performance.
- You will have a lot of fun personalizing with this motherboard.
- It has onboard USB 3.1 and Wi-Fi.
- You can overclock and cool the motherboard with just 1 click.
5. ASUS Prime Z390-P LGA1151 Motherboard
The ASUS Prime Z390-P motherboard is one of ASUS’ latest offerings. It supports both Intel 8th and 9th Generations along with Pentium Gold and Celeron. Here’s why you should purchase it:
- The motherboard has been designed to give you high speed and connectivity, which are very important for mining.
- It has multiple safety features such as 5x protection III hardware-level safety, LANGuard, slot care, and over voltage protection.
- It also has FanXpert 4 and fan control for advanced system cooling.
- It has 2 DDR4 DIMM.
- The bios is easy to use and has various settings for flexibility.
People also ask
Now, let’s learn a little more about crypto mining by answering some FAQs.
1) Is Mining Ethereum Profitable in 2021?
Yes, it is. You can determine the cost of the motherboard, electricity, parts, etc. to understand if it works out for you.
2) Does Motherboard Matter for Mining?
Yes, it does. Crypto mining requires high speed and connectivity, which ordinary motherboards may not be capable of.
3) How Long Does it Take to Mine 1 Bitcoin?
Each Bitcoin will take 10 minutes regardless of the number of miners.
4) How Much RAM Does a Mining Rig Need?
We would say that you should go with at least 32 GB.
5) Is it Better to Mine with CPU or GPU?
CPU mining has more processing power but CPU mining gives more ROI.
Ethereum mining can be a lot of fun and hassle-free if you have the right motherboard. The aforementioned options are very popular and critically acclaimed as well. You won’t go wrong with any of them! If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of them, please feel free to drop a comment.