Back in the day, Ethernet and Internet were considered synonymous because without an Ethernet cable you couldn’t use the Internet.
Times have drastically changed since the introduction of Wi-Fi. Today, you can enjoy wireless Internet. However, the router still needs a cable. Also, if you want to enjoy superior speed and data transfer, you should stick with Ethernet because Wi-Fi is considerably slower.
Whatever the reason may be, we have a solution for you.
How To Connect To The Internet Without Ethernet Cable – The Answer
To start with, you should look at purchasing a wireless router. You will find a few affordable and reliable models. After this, you should find a good adapter. They are of the following types:
- PCI: This is a card that you insert into the laptop or computer to make it connect to the Internet without a cable. PCI cards are easily available and can be installed without problems. Once you put a card in, you will be able to enjoy high-speed Internet.
- Built-in: Most modern laptops come with a built-in adapter. Check to see if your laptop has one too. If it does, your problems are solved. If it doesn’t, you can try the other options. Keep in mind that a few lower-end laptops have low-quality adapters. If this is the case, you can always ignore it and rely on PCI or USB.
- USB: USB is a very versatile option. It is the easiest to install because it is plug-and-play. The only thing to remember here is that the speed will not match PCI cards. But, it will still be good enough for most applications.
How To Connect To The Internet Without Ethernet Cable – The Process
If you have decided to purchase a USB or PCI, you will need to know which one to choose and how to install it. Here are the steps:
- Conduct thorough research and compare the two options. What works for someone else may not work for you. So, personal research is a must.
- Once you purchase the device, go through the installation instructions in detail and install it. You can also turn to YouTube for additional help. USB adapters don’t need a lot of guidance.
- After installing the USB or PCI card, install the software.
- After this, you will directly get connected to the Internet. If not, try it manually. The network should be set up in advance for the connection.
We have all advanced into highly technological times but you don’t have to compromise on speed or data. Without an Ethernet cable, you can still enjoy the same speed if you follow our steps. All the best!