The default setting on Windows PC for Microphone is not optimized for background noise reduction. In this blog post I will show you how to remove background noise from microphone.
Watch below video on How to Remove Background Noise from Microphone.
Or follow step by step instruction below.
- Got to control panel.
- Go to Hardware and Sound.
- Click on “Sound”.
- Go to “Recording” tab.
- Select your Microphone and click on “Properties”.
- Go to “Level” tab.
- Make sure Microphone set to “100”. And if your recording sound is low then increase Microphone Boost to “10 dB” or much as per your requirement.
- Then go to “Enhancements” tab.
- Check “Immediate Mode”, “Noise Suppression” and “Acoustic Echo Cancellation”.
- Click “OK” and Done.
Now try recording your audio with this new setting. You will see that most of the noise is gone and your sound is much better than before.
Some More Tips to Reduce Noise in Audio Recording:
- Always use the best quality mic you can afford. Mic is the most important tool, so get a good one.
- Use pop filter or air filter to reduce annoying bursts of air.
- Distance from mic should not be more than a foot. You should test your optimal distance from mic and stick with it for consistence result.
- Use reflection shields to further minimize other sounds being picked up from back or side of your mic.
- Check this video on how to build your own mini booth for awesome sound recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTeUeRxAS7M
- Turn off your fan or AC to reduce unwanted background noise from your recording.
- Use Adobe Audition or Audacity software to further sweeten up your audio.
I hope you find this tutorial helpful and able to reduce your background noise. Please share and comment.