In India and in many other countries WhatsApp had become the default message app. Almost everyone who I know, who owns a smartphone uses WhatsApp for instant messaging. It have great features, reliability, quick and uses very less resources compared to other apps.
One of the feature is “Last Seen” which tells when was the person last seen on Whatsapp. While this is a helpful feature some finds its not so helpful. For those who are concern with their privacy and don’t want other to know when they were last seen. This is the blog post for you.
Watch below video for quick step by step instructions to disable “last seen” feature in WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to settings.
- Go to Account.
- Go to Privacy.
- Tap on “Last seen”
- You will get three options. Everyone, My Contacts and Nobody.
- Select “Nobody” and now no one can see when you were last online.
- Important: go to blog comments and write me a thank you comment. 🙂
Few things to remember when you use this setting.
- If you select “Nobody” then you will not be able to see “Last Seen” data of anyone either. (fair enough, if you don’t want other to see yours you will not get to see their)
- If you select “My Contacts” then you will be able to see “Last Seen” data of your contacts. (Who has not set “Nobody” in their privacy setting).
- When you are “Online” users can still see that you are currently online.
I hope you will find this blog post and video helpful. Please share and comment.