How many multimedia players do we know? Quite a few! Do we use all of them? Of course, not. We choose the best according to our preferences and stick to it. However, sometimes choices are not that simple. We may like two or more multimedia players just the same. This can lead to confusion and indecision.Don’t worry, though! To ease your confusion, we are going to compare two of the most popular multimedia players in this article. Let’s discuss which one is better: PotPlayer or VLC!
PotPlayer vs VLC
When we see the main features of each, we know that both are amazing multimedia players but if you had to choose, which one would you pick? PotPlayer!
Yes, the PotPlayer has a few advanced features that are lacking in VLC. PotPlayer is faster, more customizable, and comes with a hoard of options for a user to explore. Even in basic aspects such as format support, PotPlayer beats VLC.
Having said that, if a basic player is all you are looking for and would be happy with a good multimedia player that is easy to use, VLC is a great choice. You don’t have to look further.
There you have it! We hope we cleared your confusion to a large extent. If you are still doubtful, we truly believe that experience will clear them. Try both out and pick the best. It won’t take you long, and once you are done, you will be happy that you made the right choice.
Features of the PotPlayer
- Install PotPlayer once, and you will have access to so many codecs, it is astounding! To a very large extent, you won’t run into any hindrance. If at all the file you want to play is incompatible, downloading that particular codec won’t take long!
- PotPlayer comes with 3D support. Isn’t that super cool? Invest in a pair of 3D glasses and watch your favorite 3D movie without having to leave the couch (or the bed).
- This multimedia player is highly customizable. You can pretty much customize all elements of the interface to your liking. However, some people have complained that this is actually a hassle for them because it makes the player quite complicated.
- Use the player once, and you will discover quite a few functions. Once you get the hang of it, you won’t need the mouse at all!
- It opens files in a sequence. You don’t have to keep opening new files to continue watching. Just play once and watch all the videos just like you would on Netflix.
Features of VLC Player
- VLC is free and open-source.
- It works with a number of formats.
- It is very simple to use. The UI is quite intuitive and robust.
- You can use add-ons to make it more functional.
- You can search for subtitles using the player itself! You don’t have to go too far for them!
- When you explore VLC, you will find plenty of advanced settings to play around with. They will make your experience a lot of fun.