Among all the buttons on the Xbox One controller, there’s no denying that the bumpers (LB and RB) are heavily used. Most games require extensive use of these controls and while that’s totally fine, the buttons take quite a beating. After extended wear and tear, it is obvious that the bumpers’ efficiency and fluidity will suffer. Prolonged usage may also cause damage, requiring repair or replacement.
If you are in the same boat, please note that you are not alone. We have heard plenty of cases of stuck bumpers, broken ones, and just jammed ones. These problems usually arise when the plastic arm of the bumper breaks. Once this happens, the bumper cannot function like it used to.
How to fix Xbox One Controller Bumper
You can fix your controller’s bumper yourself for sure. But, you will need to be confident because this process requires you to open the controller. Also, basic knowledge of the controller will help you.
- Start by opening the controller’s outer shell. If you are not sure how to do that, you can check out a couple of DIY videos on YouTube.
- Check the condition of the bumper. If it just has a crack or is broken into two, you can repair it. But, if it is shattered, you will have to replace it completely.
Repairing the bumper
If you decide that repairing the bumper is possible, you can use super glue to glue the broken parts together. Please note that excessive force may cause more damage. You have to be gentle. Apply a small amount on both the broken parts and stick them together. Don’t use too much because excessive glue can hamper movement of the bumper. Any glitches in this process will compromise on the working of the bumper, making it quite inefficient.
Replacing the bumper
Replacing the bumper is much more convenient because it is not a messy job. You just need to remove the old and place the new one. This will also require opening the controller. The good thing about this process is that you can now customize your controller by purchasing a bumper of a unique design or color.
Once you are done with the process, all that remains is to reassemble your controller.
Things to remember
These are a few things you should keep in mind while repairing your Xbox One controller bumper:
- Super glue can be messy and it really, really sticks hard. You should be very careful with it.
- Apply excess glue will do more harm than good.
- Give the glue at least 15 seconds to dry.
- Make sure you buy the right part for replacement. Check with the sellers and get the exact replacement.
- Test the controller after you are through so that you+++ know it is working well.
People also ask
1) Does GameStop repair Xbox One controllers?
Yes, it does.
2) Does anyone repair Xbox One controllers?
There are many technicians and professionals who can repair your controller.
3) How long does an Xbox controller last?
A fully charged controller will last for 30 hours of moderate usage.
4) Do Xbox controllers wear out?
Yes, they do. You can either replace them or repair them based on the problem.
If your Xbox One controller bumper is not working properly, there is no need to panic. You can easily repair it or replace it based on the amount of damage. We hope our article helped you with the same. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to speak to us. We are always here to help.