Those who work with AutoCAD and SolidWorks don’t need us to explain the importance of using a high-quality display. Display almost plays just as important a role as the RAM or the graphics card. While professionals know which monitor to pick, if you are a fresher, you may be confused with the plethora of options that the market provides today.
Without beating around the bush too much, let’s get straight to the point and discuss the best monitor for AutoCAD and SolidWorks:
1) Philips 288P6LJEB IPS Monitor
A masterpiece from Philips, this is easily one of the best Cad monitors out there with a stunning 4K UHD display. The company offers a 4-year warranty for this monitor.
Let’s dig deeper to understand the product better:
- It is compatible with Windows 10
- It supports 1.07 billion colors and has an aspect ratio of 16:9
- It has adjustable height
- You can use it in landscape mode or portrait mode
- It is wall-mountable
- Response time is 1 ms
- It has a superb dynamic contrast ratio of 50,000,000:1
- It has speakers, 2 USB 3.0 ports, 2 USB 2.0 ports, VGA, DVI, HDMI, and display ports.
- Users have reported 0 lag.
2) LG 24UD58-B 4K UHD IPS Monitor
The LG IPS monitor with 250 CD/M2 brightness is among the more popular CAD monitors today. It is available in various sizes and is extremely reliable.
What are some of its best features? Let’s find out:
- It is compatible with Windows 10
- It has a display port and 2 HDMI 2.0 ports
- It offers FreeSync
- You get on-screen control with screen split
- It has a game mode for the crazy gamers out there
- It has an Arcline design with an Arcline stand that provides durability and stability to the monitor
- It has a black stabilizer setting
- It does not have USB or VGA ports
A few users do not appreciate the anti-glare coating, which causes a slight distortion
3) Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD LED-Lit Monitor
This model from Samsung is a bestseller on Amazon. It has also been voted as the best monitor for AutoCad by many users. Let’s find out just why it is so precious!
- Whether it is for viewing, design, or gaming, the 4K display is incredible and detailed
- The imagery is realistic thanks to the fact that it supports over a billion colors
- It has a display port and 2 HDMI 2.0 inputs
- It has Picture-in-Picture 2.0 technology
- It has AMD FreeSync
- The response time is a superb 1 ms
- It comes with a T-shaped stand
- Resolution: 3840 x 2160
- The Eye Saver Mode makes viewing easy and comfortable even for long periods of time
4) Samsung Curved Monitor (Ultra-slim design)
Another model from the renowned Samsung warehouse, this curved monitor is the best monitor for SolidWorks. The LED-backlit, LCD monitor comes with a neat stand that provides a lot of stability.
Here’s why you should consider buying this monitor:
- It supports 16.7 million colors
- It provides superior viewing experience thanks to its curved design
- The contrast ratio is 5000:1
- It has quite a few energy-saving features such as automatic adjustment of brightness
- It is not an adjustable monitor, which a few users do not like
- The monitor does not have speakers. You will need external speakers
- Some users have also complained about back-light uniformity, but we did not face any such problem during our test use
- For its price, the monitor is quite a steal
5) BenQ IPS Designer Monitor
Excellent for CAD/CAM animation, this flicker-free monitor gives you 2560 x 1440 QHD resolution. It is compatible with Mac, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
We have listed out its standout features for you here:
- It comes with a DualView function, allowing a split view
- It has a display pilot software program thanks to which you can customize the monitor settings
- The Eye Care technology ensures that the monitor is flicker-free and has low blue light
- It has 1 HDMI port and 2 display ports along with a mini display port, USB ports, headphone jack, and speakers
- The Darkroom Mode is a special feature that creates the right setting based on your workspace
- It also has a CAD/CAM mode that helps you enter a world of supreme design and 3D color lines
- Even though the monitor is said to be flicker-free a few users have noted flicker issues. You might want to be careful about that.
6) LG 29WK600-W – 29-inches
Those who are looking for a budget monitor for AutoCAD won’t go wrong with the LG 29WK600. This ultra-wide beauty has all the features you could ask for. Let’s take a closer look:
- It is a large, 29-inch monitor with an IPS display. The FHD monitor has a resolution of 1080p.
- It is compatible with HDR10 ensuring that you don’t strain your eyes.
- It runs on the AMD FreeSync technology.
- It has exciting features such as sRGB 99% color gamut, VESA mounting, and an ergonomic stand.
- The on-screen control with the split is another exciting feature.
- The monitor is good not just for AutoCAD work but also for graphic designers and photographers.
7) BenQ UHD Monitor – 32 inches
This monitor from BenQ is a 4K marvel. It stands out because it has excellent specifications and does not have an obnoxious price tag. Here are a few more details:
- It is powered by the exclusive AQColor technology that gives you accurate, bold, and bright colors on screen.
- The monitor has dual-view, allowing you to view different files at the same time. In other words, you can compare assets in CAD/CAM, animation display modes, etc.
- You can customize how you view your screen thanks to its ergonomic features such as screen movement to adjust the height, rotation, twist, turn, tilt, etc.
- It has a keyword video mouse switch that you can use for multiple displays on the same screen.
- You can work on the monitor for a long time without feeling any strain thanks to its Eye Care Technology.
You can see here that you don’t need to shell out thousands of dollars to buy a good AutoCAD or SolidWorks monitor. Of course, there are better and more expensive models, but in a good price range, these are the best that you could ask for.
Do you think we missed out on a good monitor? We’d love to know more. Please write down your views in the Comments section.