Avast Antivirus company is a company that offers free antivirus protection. It just does not provide you with excellent antivirus protection, but its free package comes with a network security scanner, browser protection, and an impressive collection of security tools.
The Avast program is wholly free, and this exclusive program package comes with benefits such as:
- Excellent phishing protection
- Smart scan choices
- Ransomware Shield
- Secure Browser
- Wi-Fi Inspector
- Performance Features
- Excellent Malware Protection
However, there is a premium/paid version, and that includes benefits such as:
- Fake website alerts and blocks
- Webcam Protection
- The browser‘s stored password protection
- Remote Access Security
- Email Security
- File Protection
- Avast Sandbox
- Data Shredder
- Real Site
The question of the hour:
How to Switch Back to Avast Free Antivirus?
So if you are looking for an answer to switch back to avast free, then there are chances that your license to avast internet security has expired.
Answer: Even I faced this problem a few years back when my license expired, and there was no option online to enter the license key. So below are the steps that helped me switch back to Avast Free antivirus.
This One is for The Free Program:
- Click Switch to free in the dialog that appears after your free trial expires.
- Restart your PC.
- Now you have switched to avast Free.
For The Purchased Subscription:
- On the left panel, select the ‘Apps and Features’ option.
- Click the ‘Avast Premium Security’ and choose to uninstall the program.
- If prompted with a dialog box as ‘User Account Control’ there, you need to click on ‘Yes.
- A screen will appear with Avast Premium Security; there, you will get an option to switch to the free antivirus program.
- Then you need to click on the option ‘yes’ and change the authorization.
- Click on the Restart button that will reboot your PC.
- Avast Premium Security has now changed to Avast Free Antivirus.
- Click on download the Avast Security setup file, and save it.
- Double-click the downloaded setup file.
- Double-click the Avast Security icon, then close the window.
- Click on ‘Continue’.
- Click Continue on the End User License Agreement, then click Agree.
- Click Install to proceed with the default installation.
- If prompted, use your Touch ID or Use Password
- Put your Administrator password and click Install Software.
- Click OK to allow Avast Security to access your downloads folder.
- Click OK on the System Extension Blocked notification.
- Click Close.
- Click Move to Trash.
- Click OK to enable the Avast Security installer to access your downloads folder.
Pros of Avast Free Antivirus that you get in the free version of the program:
It is absolutely free. Yes, there is no registration or sign-up fees. You get to use all features cost-free.
Avast Free Antivirus has been certified with the best scores from independent testing labs.
It has been rated high in hands-on tests.
It is a powerful network security inspector.
It has plenty of security bonus features.
Is It Good to Use Avast?
Oh yes! Of course, it is, and it goes without saying. Avast offers its users excellent security and protection against all types of device viruses and malware. In addition, the accessible version of avast itself comes in with a lot of features that make it the right antivirus choice for your device’s ultimate security and protection.
Is Avast Free Really Safe as it Claims to Be?
Avast antivirus is the leader in providing a free and incredible level of protection against malware. Even though it costs nothing, it has fantastic features from phishing protection, secure browser, malware protection, and much more. It is really safe to use as it claims to be, and I recommend it to you all 10/10.
I hope you had a happy reading till here, and this article had all the answers to your doubts about Avast Free Antivirus. Read all our other posts from Internet Geeks and let us know what more you would like to read from us? Post them below in the comments.